Since this is a blog that is primarily dedicated to my unhealthy book addiction, I thought I might share with you some bookish facts about me. So, let’s get started:
- I was obsessed with Geronimo Stilton and Nancy Drew when I was 11 years old.
- I love reading books with characters that are struggling with depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) etc. I find those the most relatable.
- I also enjoy reading books with strong heroines. For me, Celaena Sardothien of the Throne of Glass series is the best in that category.
- SARAH J. MAAS IS MY FAVORITE AUTHOR OF ALL TIME! (Update: & Sylvia Plath)
- I enjoy listening to music whilst reading. (I highly suggest listening to Sarah’s spotify playlists while reading her books.)
- I started attending book signing events just this 2016 and I wish I’d started attending earlier. Sigh.
- The first author I met is Victoria Aveyard. I cried when I first saw her and I videotaped her grand entrance with my trembling hands.
- I know I’m reading something that’s really good when I read past bedtime with the help of my flashlight or mini lamp. I seem to get all the feels when I read at about 2-5 in the morning and I do not exactly know why.
- I panic inside bookstores when I see my favorite books. I literally do not give a flying crap or two about what people think of me when I do that. Lol.
- My favorite reading spot or place is anywhere I am alone but to be specific, I’d mention fields.
- I faked my obsession with Twilight when I was 13. At least I finished reading the whole series, right? Right.
- It usually takes 2-5 days for me to finish a really good book. But it depends on how busy I am.
- I have no sense of control when it comes to buying books. On the other hand, I hide the books I can’t buy when my savings is not yet enough.
- Sometimes, I watch book reviews on Youtube before I purchase a book. My favorite booktuber is Sasha Alsberg.
- I cried when I read The Fault in Our Stars. I cried when I watched the film. I ugly cried alot because of that novel! Please don’t judge me.
- I love poetry. I love Sylvia Plath. I love Charles Bukowski. I love Franz Kafka. SO MUCH
- I love buying hardbound books for display but I prefer reading books in paperback because they’re easier to hold, at least for me.
- I HIGHLIGHT MY BOOKS. Yellow for quotes. Green for places. Orange for names.
- I apply nail polish at the back of my books’ cover so I’d recognize them when they get stolen. *sniffs* My babies!
- I stare at the ceiling and cry sometimes and re-evaluate my entire existence after I finish reading a 5-star book. Sarah J. Maas always does that to me– you know, like, ruin my life. No big deal.
- I somehow stopped reading when I went to college due to my busy schedule. However, my World Literature professor assigned us to do a book report. So, I read Red Queen and I haven’t mustered the courage to stop reading again yet after that.
- I HAVE NO RESPECT FOR PEOPLE WHO DOG-EAR THEIR PAGES.
- I smell my new books at least 7 times a day.
- Before loving Sarah J. Maas with all my heart, soul and might, I first loved Nicholas Sparks, Sophie Kinsella and Paulo Coehlo. I still love them though.
- And last but not the least, I had my first bookshelf when I was 18! 🙂
That’s it. Thank you so much for reading. Stay tuned for more!
Featured Image Source: https://www.pinterest.com/baraatahani/books/