A Book for My Thoughts
Thank you for visiting my blog.
I would be so pleased to accept books for review from authors and publishers of any genre but I particularly enjoy Young Adult and New Adult Literature. I also read:
- Autobiographical Novel
- Psychological/Horror/Gothic, and
- Graphic Novels
I read and review e-books (occasionally) in my own free will but please take note that I accept books in paperback, hardcover or ARC version only. Why? Because a physical copy of a book is always easier to carry around in public and I can show it off on the bus, in school or anywhere I choose to read (giving it a free added advertisement).
My review will have 3 major parts: the book summary (from Goodreads), my thoughts about the book, and the Meet the Author part. However, I might add some extra details if needed.
I will be discussing my personal experience reading the book, whether good or bad. I will always present honest and unbiased reviews– it means that I do not guarantee a positive review if I, unfortunately, didn’t like the book. I will see to it that my reviews and opinion about the book/s will not be grounded on my relationship with the author or publisher involved.
After I review your book, I will send you a direct link to my review via e-mail, as well as inform you of which sites my review has been posted on. My review of the book will appear on the Book Reviews section of this blog, my Twitter and Goodreads account.
I will use a system of 1-5 flowers and I will explain my reasons for liking or disliking the book in my review.
– I am obsessed with the book! It is life-changing, captivating and perfect. I will definitely re-read it. Highly recommended. A necessity.
– I love the book. I had really high hopes for this one but it hung below the line of my expectations. It has a lot of potential, but the icing on top was missing. I might still re-read this but I’m not really sure. Still recommended.
– I enjoyed the book but it lacks the feel or something I am looking for in a literature. (You won’t really need
it in your life to buy a copy of it so if you want to read it, you could just borrow the title from your friends or from the library.)
– I liked some parts, but it ultimately failed as a whole.
– It just didn’t bring me there. I tried so hard to keep up with the book. The writing style, characters and details were below my standards.There was nothing I remotely liked about the characters or the story, and I only finished it because I either forced myself to or I just wanted to see if it would improve, but it didn’t. Sigh.
Did Not Finish (DNF) – Translation: God. Why.
If you have any questions and other concerns, feel free to e-mail me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do not forget to include the description of the book, genre, title, Goodreads link, publication date, your affiliation to the book (author/publisher/other), your contact details and/or social media for stalking purposes.
- Please include where and/or how you found out about this book blog.
- Put “Review Request: [name of book] in the subject line.
Please take note that I will automatically reject your review request if you didn’t follow these simple rules.
- The books that were previously reviewed in this blog were personally chosen and purchased with my own money unless stated otherwise.
- This blog is based in the Philippines and run by one person only (and that’s me!).
Thank you so much for your interest and have a great day!
To authors and publishers: This page is subject to change without prior notice. Please check this out at least weekly for updates. Thank you!